Thursday, September 21, 2006

#15: Valar and Maiar? I Didn't Sign Up for That!

Date: Before the Sun and Moon
My Mood Is: let down

Well, we've gotten started on building and assembling the World of Arda. Melkor is doing most of the heavy lifting, of course, taking charge of the project and overseeing all the lesser spirits.

Most of the work has involved the spontaneous generation of matter and energy. I'm proud to say the Fire Spirits have been most helpful in this matter, and the most eager to bend to the wisdom of Melkor. I've been spending a lot of time corralling the useless Earth, Air and Water Spirits. These morons are all over the map, and Creation would be nothing but a muddy pile if someone didn't whip these imbeciles into shape.

I saw Melian today. She looked great. I wanted to say hello, but I was too nervous.

Anyway. Of course, we got trouble right away from the Manwë/Ulmo contingent. Neither of these guys had any clout back in the Timeless Halls -- but come to Arda, and all of a sudden they think they're gods or something. Melkor was second only to Eru back in the Halls; that means he's second to NO ONE in Arda.

I suspect this is something Manwë and Ulmo will have to be taught. Eventually.

To shut up some of the noisier Ainur, Melkor came up with a plan, and I really don't like it. Fifteen of the Ainur, eight male and seven female, are to be annointed "Valar," or Greater Spirits. The rest will be "Maiar," or Lesser Spirits.

I'm to be a Maia. SAURON DOES NOT APPROVE.

Melkor spent a long time calming me down, and explaining this to me. He says he needs me to work directly under him; that as Second-In-Command to the Greatest of the Vala, I will be the second most powerful, the Greatest of the Maiar.

Bullshit.

He also says he's setting up
Manwë, Ulmo, Oromë and the others. They'll accept all this power and responsibility, and fail -- then it will be clear that all power should accrue to Melkor. And me.

Now Huan is telling me he's HAPPY to be a Maia. What a dumbass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home