Wednesday, April 11, 2007

#19: I'm Not Too Fond Of The New Digs

Date: Before the Sun and Moon
My Mood Is: unapologetic

I would apologize for not posting in so long, but I'm not really in the mood to apologize for anything.

When the Dickless Prick and his little friends rose up against Melkor, I was all for pounding their asses right then and there. Melkor and I even argued about it. I pointed out that, since Arda was still all fiery and lava-ey, we could use the situation to our advantage. Rally the fire spirits and attack. Use Arda Itself as a weapon. Hurl all the forces of Fire and Heat against the Valar, and destroy them.

But Melkor was afraid that we would fail. He said that all of our power was tied up in the Creation -- that by being the principal architects of Arda, we had placed too much of ourselves into the World. The Earth, Wind and Water spirits, on the other hand, had yet to spend their powers on Creation, and so still retained all their energy. He bid us to wait, until our enemies had used up all their fëar on Creation. Then we would attack.

So we have bided our time. And Melkor was right about one thing -- the stupid-ass Valar have been happy to splooge their so-called "beauty" all over our ordered and efficient world.

Let me tell you what Arda looked like when Melkor and I were done with it -- beautiful vales of igneous rock, filled with magnificent rivers of flowing lava. Volcanoes that sent golden sprays of molten rock high into the air, and filled the spaces above the Disc of the World with lovely flammable gases. It was as fantastic as it sounds.

Well, from our stronghold in the North, we've watched the so-called Valar destroy everything we worked for. The igneous vales are now covered in noxious soil, and the soil itself is infested with grasses that cover all like a mold. I have nothing against trees -- the fires have to have something to burn -- but now there are trees everywhere, blanketing the land in monochromatic green. I have nothing against water, either -- the fires need something to boil -- but you will not believe me when I tell you how much water they have used to drown the World. No less than seven tenths of the Disc's surface is now hidden beneath foul-smelling, salty water! I think it's just their attempt to put out our fires!

Fortunately, our fires burn deep underground, and even the seas of water can not extinguish them. You know why not? Workmanship.

Soon, the Valar will have expended all their energy on burying the World underneath a thin scum of imperfectible life. Then, their resources drained, we will attack.

I mentioned our "stronghold." Ever since we redeployed to the North (not "fled" -- redeployed), we have labored on constructing a great military base from which to launch our assault upon the Valar traitors. Basically, it's a really deep pit surrounded by giant mountains. I don't like it. Melkor sits at the bottom of the pit, brooding, while I have to direct all the spirits in its construction. I'm trying to make it something more interesting than a big hole-- but since this is the first actual building in the history of Creation, I'm forced to make things up as I go along.

For instance, I'm still trying to figure out how people will get in and out of the fortress. If I make a hole in the mountain range, our enemies can get in. If I don't, we can't get out. One of the spirits of craft suggested that I put part of the wall on a hinge, so it can be pulled open and shut. That seems like a good idea. But what should we call it? I'll have to ask the spirit -- his name is Doër.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home